Commercial pilot’s license – Helicopter
AAn applicant for the helicopter commercial pilot’s license must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a helicopter private pilot’s license PPL(H)
- Possess a high school diploma or a college degree
- Possess 1st class medical certificate
- Possess 150 hours of total time
- Have a general knowledge of mathematics and physics that enables the applicant to successfully complete the course for the CPL(H)
- A student pilot will not be signed off for solo flights if one does not possess a 1st class medical certificate
- One has to be enrolled and be in the process of completing a high school diploma. The license will be handed after the applicant has finished high school.
The theoretical portion of the course encompasses 507 hours of ground school. The practical flight training includes 50 hours of flying. The candidate must have the ground school completed in order to start flight training.